FOSS Community India co-ordinates the FOSS related activities in India. Regular meeting are happening locally. Campaigns in colleges and schools to spread the awareness of FOSS are ongoing. More about FOSS Community, India
Note: Currently new registrations are closed, if you want an account contact us via our mailing list or contact any of the admins listed here.
This wiki has been down for months because of huge spam attacks, so if anyone is volunteering to fight spam, we can open up registrations again.
If you are an admin, then click here to create a new account.
Whatever be your role in the society, you can do your bit to build a good society where sharing knowledge becomes a virtue and not a vice. We are living in a society where sharing is discouraged, often called by derogatory names, such as for example 'piracy'. This campaign is to create a ready reckoner for any person who intends to promote free knowledge and free software. Here you have some tips.
I like Free Software, I use it regularly and I want to contribute. I don't know where to start.
We need to provide Free Software replacements to proprietary communication services which can match feature to feature with their proprietary counterparts.
Join the DRM elimination crew which is determined to study the effects of DRM and educate the public. So if you wanna join this campaign, just sign your name on the crew list.
Comment about the FCI logo here
Every month we will focus on a contributor and will capture information about the projects they work on; comments from friends, colleagues and other members of the project. Featured Contributor for July 2010 is Santhosh Thottingal. He contributes to Dhvani TTS, Swathanthra Malayalam Computing and Silpa. He is located in Chennai, India. More information about him is available here. You can add to it as well.
- Free Software Contribution 101 with j4v4m4n
- FOSS in Schools - to discuss and implment FOSS in schools.
- Unsupported Hardware - to collect data on unsupported hardware and offer them as projects to college students.
- Supported Hardware Configurations Database - to collect Hardware configuration details for Laptops, Desktops and other accessories which fully support Free Software
- FOSS project identification and indexing by Swathanthra Software users Group, Malappuram
- Campaign to promote free software in Karnataka
- Foss Community of India is celebrating Software Freedom Day on September 16. List of participating communities
- Celebrate February as FOSS Month 2006 (Feb 17th at MCC and 20th at Saptagiri)
- Initiation of Student projects at various institutions in association with RedHat India. More focus on to make students comfortable in handling FOSS projects
- Formation of KDE Developer Community in India to be known as kde.in in association with Sirtaj Singh Kang